Thermomechanics of Technological Processes
Presentation of the department
Thermomechanics of Technological Processes (TTP) is one of the departments of New Technologies Research Centre (NTC), which was established at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen in 2000 to support research and development in the West Bohemian region.
The main activities of TTP are the research and development aimed at industrial applications. Professionally, research activities focus on two main areas - laser technologies for material processing and industrial thermography-thermometry. Both of these areas, which combine physical processes of infrared radiation and its interaction with a material, are supported by investment funds from the ERDF in the framework of the project CENTEM.
As a university department, the TTP department also focuses on educational activities. Department staff guarantees teaching of some scientific subjects. Top technical equipment for thermal processes measurement and for laser material processing is used for solving bachelor's, master's and doctoral theses of students. An important component of educational activities of the department is also gradually becoming a training of industrial companies. In 2019, we were certified by the Association of Technical Diagnostics of the Czech Republic as an approved training centre in the field of technician and diagnostician of thermography. Our department trains and educates technicians and diagnostician in thermography to prepare for certification and recertification. We offer independent and professional assistance for graduates and solutions to joint R&D projects.More information »
Why work with us
- experience - 15 years with IR technology, 12 years with laser technologies and more than 50 years with thermal processes
- independence - on distributors and manufacturers of laser, thermal imaging and other techniques
- complex solution of thermal processes - technologies, measurement, material analyses
- application laboratories - technological systems and test rigs available
- results of own R&D - in-house developed equipment, methods and software
- highest level of education and skills - teaching within the MSc./PhD. program
- participation in standards development - in branch of condition monitoring and thermography testing